Number of Days:
2 days, 09:00 to 16:30. Your instructor is available during lunch and after 16:30 for informal discussions about your specific area of interest or applications.
This training course is also provided on-site upon request; the training course is modular in nature and can easily be converted into either
an IHE XDS (document exchange, without imaging) training course or in an IHE XDS-I (image exchange only) training course. Call +31 33 7 630 636 for additional information.
Keywords: IHE XDS, XCA, regional/national document and image exchange architectures, document metadata, affinity domain,
enterprise clinical data storage,document lifecycle management.
Who Should Attend: This training course is aimed at those involved with the design, development, implementation, deployment and support
- of systems that use (or will use) the IHE XDS or IHE XDS-I standard,
- of an architecture for the archival of both diagnostic images as well as (non-image) documents, in support of an Electronic Health Record
incorporating all aspects of the EHR, not just medical imaging.
- of an architecture for the exchange of documents (images as well as non-images) between departments and between organizations, in support
of cross-organizational workflows.
What is covered: The IHE (Integrating the Health Care Enterprise) activities have resulted in a series of profiles.
You will get familiar with the IHE XDS profile as well as related/supporting profiles , e.g. related to the structure of the medical documents,
authentication and patient consent. The focus will be on common data flow patterns of XDS-based infrastructures.
The exercises (whether theoretical or hands-on in nature) serve to allow you to further familiarise yourself with the IHE specifications.
Learning goals: after this training course the attendees will be able to:
- Explain the core features of IHE XDS and related IHE profiles,
- Identify issues related to the archiving of both documents as well as images,
- Explain the dependencies between IHE XDS, architectures for archival (ECM, VNA, Cloud), and metadata management,
- Determine how IHE XDS and related IHE profiles fit within your own context.
Agenda: (2 days)
- Overview of core IHE ptocesses and Terms
- Process, Actors, Transactions, Connectathon
- IHE profiles overview
- XDS/XDS-I, XDM, XDR
- MUP, ATNA, DSUB and other related profiles
- What is a VNA?
- Introduction of the Alpha Use Case
- Example project: Tyrol (Austria)
- Document Metadata
- XDS Metadata
- Metadata specification exercise
- Workflow scenarios – follow the data
- Upload/Submission workflow
- Upload workflow overview
- Intro KOS Manifest
- Hands-on exercise: upload/submission workflow steps
- Exercise: documentation
- Query workflow
- Query workflow overview
- BPPC (optional module)
- Hands-on exercise: query workflow steps
- Project: MammoXL (the Netherlands)
- Change workflow
- Document Deletion, Replacement
- Metadata update
- Document exchange between communities
- Overview of XCA/XCA-I, XCPD
- Example project: ELGA (Austria)
- Group discussion exercise: XCA (optional)
- Optional modules (depending on time/interest)
- An introduction to CDA
- An introduction to FHIR documents
- Content workflow - XDW
- On demand documents
- MHD, FHIR, DICOMweb
- Overall summary
Attendees are assumed to have a basic understanding of XML, DICOM, HL7v2, Webservices and healthcare workflows.
Attendees will be requested to bring their own laptop and to install a couple of software applications prior to the training course.
Number of Attendees per Class: Min 6, Max 20.
Ringholm will provide each participant with handouts containing all materials covered in the training as well as other support materials.