Number of Days:
2 days, 09:30 to 17:00. Your instructors are available during lunch and after 17:00 for informal discussions about your specific area of interest or applications.
Keywords: IHE XDS/XDS-I/XCA/XCA-I advanced topics and implementation best practices, document metadata management,
hands on testing, implementation and testing tools.
Who Should Attend: This hands-on training course is aimed at those involved with the development, implementation, testing,
deployment and support of IHE XDS/XCA based systems and architectures.
What is covered:
This training course offers the participants hands-on experience with XDS/XDS-i and XCA/XCA-i based infrastructures.
The focus will be on common data flow patterns of such infrastructures, e.g. making an image available via XDS-I/XCA-I
or retrieving a document using XDS/XCA. The attendees will be asked to simulate all steps of these data flow patterns,
which may require the debugging, mapping, or creation of various data structures. Software tools will be used to support
the participant's understanding of the theory. As a secondary goal the training course aims to familiarise the participant
with these testing/simulation tools so they can be used after the training course itself.
Your tutors will be Eric Poiseau and Abderrazek Boufahja (test managers and consultants with IHE Services),
Robert Breas and René Spronk (IHE trainers with IHE Academy) and/or others, depending on location of the
training course and the language used.
Learning goals: after this training course the attendees will be able to:
- Troubleshoot XDS/XDS-I/XCA connectivity issues
- Use XDS/XDS-I/XCA simulation and validation tools
- Help their organization to determine how they might implement XDS/XDS-I/XCA
- Understand how XDS/XDS-I/XCA fit within common software-engineering principles.
- Use case used throughout the training course
- Introduction to the testing infrastructure
- Centralized server side tools, client side tools
- XDS oriented best practices, testing, validation, simulation, hands-on exercise
- E.g. Document Creator, MUP, ATNA
- Access Control
- Access Control, testing, validation, simulation, hands-on exercise
- E.g. BPPC, XUA, SAML token, validation of assertions
- XDS-I testing, validation, simulation, hands-on exercise
- E.g. RAD55/RAD69, image routing
- XCA, XCA-I
- XCA/XCA-I testing, validation, simulation, hands-on exercise
- XDW testing, validation, simulation, hands-on exercise
- E.g. validation of XDW documents
- Overview of programming toolkits, commercial and public domain
- For XDS/XDS-I, XCA/XCA-I, XUA, ATNA, PIX, (and other supporting IHE profiles)
Attendees are assumed to have a good understanding of the basics of IHE XDS,
as well as an understanding of XML and Webservices. Attendees are requested to bring their own laptop;
attendees will be asked to install a suite of tools prior to the training course.
See the full set of prerequisites (in terms of knowledge, hardware, software).
Number of Attendees per Class: Min 6, Max 20.
Ringholm will provide each participant with handouts containing all materials covered in the training as well as other support materials.