Number of Days:
1 day, 09:00 to 17:00. Lunch is included.
Number of attendees per class: Min 8, Max 25.
Summary of course content:
This course will provide the attendee with a strong understanding and knowledge of the DICOM standard.
Much of the operation of a healthcare enterprise especially in the field of image communication between
radiology information systems (RIS), imaging modalities and picture archiving and communication systems (PACS) heavily relies on
the DICOM standard. Note that this training also covers an introduction to the IHE Radiology Technical Framework.
Who Should Attend:
This training course is aimed at those involved with the design, development, implementation, deployment and support of systems that use (or will use) the DICOM standard.
Goals of the training course:
Upon completion of this training course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the key characteristics of DICOM.
- Find their way around the DICOM documentation.
- View DICOM objects using DICOM tools.
- Explain the contents of a DICOM conformance statement.
The attendees are assumed to have a basic familiarity with imaging workflows.
- Seminar Objectives
- What is DICOM from a high Level
- Core elements
- Negotiation Process and Associations
- SCU/SCP Roles
- Transfer and Abstract Syntaxes
- SOP Classes
- Information Object Definitions (IOD)
- Value Representation (VR)
- Unique Identifiers (UID)
- Data Types, private tags
- Service Classes
- Storage and Storage Commitment
- Modality Worklist and Performed Procedure Step
- Media Storage
- Other Services
- Image Quality and Integrity
- Structured Reporting
- Practical Exercise
- Commonly used DICOM tools and toolkits
- DICOM Conformance Claims
- Several Examples of Vendor Conformance Claims
- Relationship with the IHE Radiology specification
Ringholm will provide each participant with handouts containing all materials covered in the training as well as other support materials.