Number of Days:
1 or 2 days, 09:00 to 16:30. Your instructor is available during lunch and after 16:30 for informal discussions about your specific area of interest or applications.
|This training has not been scheduled this year; it is only provided upon request. |
Call +31 337630636, or e-mail us at Training@ringholm.com.
Summary of course content:
This training course offers a 1 or 2 day discussion of advanced FHIR topics that are related to the implementation of FHIR.
The content of this workshop is largely determined by its attendees:
The hands-on nature allows the attendee to get an in depth understanding of the material covered. Please note that development platform specific
issues will only be covered when this training course is presented as an in-company training.
- Implementation issues encountered by the attendees (for examples, see below). The issues are identified both by
- hosting a conference call with all attendees prior to the actual workshop, and
- issues identified during the workshop.
- The trainers are experienced implementers, and will bring some optional material (with hands on exercises) with them to cover
known implementation aspects which are either not covered by the standard itself, or which are hard to implement. This material will
be used when they fit with an issues raised by the attendees. The issues should preferrably be identified well ahead of the
actual training course to allow for preparation by the trainer(s); ad hoc questions may require additional research by the trainer(s).
Who Should Attend:
This training course is aimed at those that already have experience with the implementation of the HL7 FHIR standard.
Goals of the training course:
Upon completion of this training course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand some of the trickier/advanced parts of FHIR
- Get hands-on experience with various advanced aspects of FHIR
- Advance their own project by having a deeper understanding of their own implementation issues
- Apply best practices related to their own implementation issues
The attendees are assumed to be familiar with:
- The core components of the FHIR standard
- Software implementation of those core components
The agenda of the training course largely depends on the issues encountered by the attendees during
their FHIR implementation projects. The (optional) topics listed below will be covered when they fit with an issue
raised by any of the attendees.
- Server side implementation issues
- Migration CDA/v2 to FHIR
- Mapping CCDA to FHIR - the StructureMap resource and the mapping language
- Persistence of FHIR resources, (consistent technical ID, versioning, …)
- The url, the contained resource and the reference: identification across paradigms and ecosystems
- Advanced Fluentpath, implementation of.
- Re-use of existing validation engines
- Error handling
- Conformance Resources
- useful metadata services for building servers
- Resolving profiles, valuesets and other conformance resources
- Dealing with profile incompatibities
- RDF and FHIR
Course Materials: Ringholm will provide each participant with handouts containing all materials covered in the training as well as other support materials. The participants will also receive a copy of the latest version of the FHIR specification.
Faculty: Ewout Kramer (and/or other tutors, depending on the location and language of the training course).